Win up to $500
Women’s Federation for World Peace DC Chapter
1st Annual Essay Scholarship Contest
Deadline for Submission May 15, 2009
Three scholarships will be given. The first place recipient will receive $500 and have his/her essay published in the newspaper, the second place recipient will receive $300, and the third place recipient will receive $150 to be paid directly to the awardees. All high school students, except for those who are members of or are related to members of WFWP, are welcome to submit entries. The winners must be willing to come to DC on Saturday, May 30, 2009 for the awards ceremony. All applicants and their families are encouraged to attend the ceremony and enjoy entertainment, refreshments, and participate in a raffle.
Each essay MUST address all three of the topics mentioned below.
1. Why should I keep myself sexually pure? (No sex before marriage).
2. How can I influence others to have the same standard?
3. How can I help the nation by being pure and influencing others to do the same?
DETAILS AND FORMAT
· Each essay must be typed, double-spaced, and in 12-point Times New Roman font
· Each essay should contain no more than 1,000 words and no less than 500 words.
· Each essay must address all three topics
· Each applicant must complete a registration form and submit it with the essay
All entries must be forwarded to:
P.O. Box 3243
Washington, DC 20010
All entries must be postmarked by May 15, 2009 in order to qualify for this scholarship. Email submissions will not be accepted.
For more information, please email email@example.com or visit www.wfwp.us
Women’s Federation for World Peace